ADVERTISE WITH US

 













A Ladun Liadi (LL) reader who lives around Agidingbi in Lagos has shared the story of how God saved her twice from a set of robbery gangs who parades the area in danfo buses. Her car was at the mechanics for few days, so she had to get to work through public transport buses and that was how she met her ordeal. Luckily for her, she made it alive, and even though she lost personal belongings, it wasn’t too severe. She wants other readers to learn from her story and be more careful.  And then she has a question for the government.

Tuesday, December 16  2014, is not one day I will never forget in a hurry because that was the day I had my first and last "ONE CHANCE" experience. One- chance, for those who do not know, commonly refers to robbery attacks carried out on unsuspecting bus passengers. Continue below.

I woke up that early morning without an inkling of what lay ahead, I believed  that as my car was at the mechanic place for repairs, I had have to move out early and be at work before 7 am.  As I was waiting patiently at the Daily times bus stop Agidingbi,  Ikeja to board a bus, a yellow painted- commercial bus stopped beside me and the conductor shouted under bridge Ikeja, I didn’t even think twice, I jumped aboard. Usually I am a patient person, but consider my joy immediately I saw the bus stopped  few minutes after I got to the bus stop when on the previous day, I had  waited for more than 30 minutes at the same bus stop I eventually trekked a long distance to get a vehicle. That happened to be my undoing. I boarded the bus without my usual perusal of the bus occupants.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, I entered the ill-fated bus, immediately I entered I looked around back, and to my discomfort noticed all the occupants were men, eight of them  men including the driver, which I didn’t notice previously as some had their faces covered with caps and others dressed like women . It finally dawned on me, that these were no ordinary passengers, that’s when I said to myself ‘I don enter this one”.

At first, I couldn’t utter a word; I just tensed up, but later relaxed. Once they noticed I was on to their game, one of them crossed to sit beside me and enclosed me in, saying he wants to get down at Coca -cola ,he later tapped me, and said in a calm voice " Madam, do not panic or shout so you won't be hurt'.

Many thoughts flew through my mind, praying that they should just be mere thieves and not kidnappers or ritualists. I repeatedly chanted " Blood of Jesus" even when one of them hit me and asked me to stop saying it, But I just couldn’t stop. It was my saving grace.

During the 10 minutes ordeal, I ended up losing my laptop, Smartphone, jewellery, Atm card and money to the kill-joys. Though I took down the plate number and reported to the police, who by the way asked me to trace the owner through the local government where the vehicle was registered, as if I am a private investigator.

Unfortunately, I entered the same vehicle a week after, this time to Yaba, immediately I noticed they are the same people, I alighted but  I have decided to let everything be but here are few lessons I will like to share with everyone so as not to fall victim of such  unpleasant experiences.

1.  Be safety conscious, being and remaining safe is a collective effort and its starts with the individual.

2.  If your area is poorly lit, always in darkness or usually lonely, its better you move in twos, ask a neighbor or vigilante to walk you, get a particular keke napep/okada or cab to  pick you to the nearest bus stop or if you are not too late, wait till day breaks so you can recognize faces or take in more details.

3.  Before you board a vehicle, try as much to notice the occupants of the vehicle: are they are all male (sometimes they engage females in their evil acts)? Is the conductor holding money(It’s a sign they are legitimate and the bus has been engaging in business since morning )?

Are the occupants scattered in the bus? Is the conductor insisting on where you must sit?  Are you alone at the bus stop?  Watchfulness is key.

4.   Carry as little valuables as you can, a day after the robbery incident, a friend of mine lost 2 laptops, cash and phones to hoodlums around the same axis.

5.    In all , don't panic, remain calm, take in as much details as you can, faces, plate number, make and model of vehicle to help you give a comprehensive description to the appropriate authorities later.


And the question I will like those in authority is why are there no working streetlights in Ikeja, considering its Lagos's capital and centre of commercial activities?



Need Prayer?) Call: Olaatunbi On 08179675091, 08067367028 The Apostolic Church Of Christ(Higher Ground Parish): Address:12 Celestial Church Street,Off Igbokoda-Okitipupa General Hospital Road, Okitipupa, Ondo.

For Your Advert Placement, Music Promotion And Information Contact: Mr Oluwaseun at nairayouth@gmail.com 08175479919 or 09039648668.

ADD US ON BBM ON 2BB4ED95

Post a Comment

 
Top